Ballyboughal

The village of Ballyboughal lies to the north of Swords, its gaelic form, Báile Bachaille means "Town of the Staff", a name derived from the "Basal Áosa", or "Staff of Jesus", which was carried by St. Patrick during his missionary labours in Ireland. The tradition in the district is to the effect that this venerated relic was for a number of years preserved in the old church of Ballyboughal, now in ruins.  Also in Ballyboughal are monuments to those who fought in the 1798 uprising.  Ballyboughal is home to The Grange with its craft/gift shop, art gallery, café and garden walks.

Great place togolf
Great place tovisit
Great place toeat
how to findfingaldublin

FingalDublin uses cookies. More information Close